This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Send output data from OpenPDC to PMU Tester

May 27, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Hi, congratulations for this grate contribution. My name is Mauro Gonzalez, I'm working in the SIRENA project at XM S.A. the colombian ISO. I'm trying this excelente tool.

My cuestion is... how can i send outputstreams from the OpenPDC to the PMU Tester of TVA?

I have configured the OpenPDC  database with access.

Thanks!

Mauro

May 27, 2010 at 6:13 PM
Edited May 27, 2010 at 8:08 PM

With the default settings, you can access the data stream from the openPDC from the PMU Connection Tester by listening on UDP port 8800 and specifying an alternate command channel of TCP 8900.

If the openPDC and the PMU Connection Tester are on separate machines then you will need to configure the openPDC output stream to point to your computer that is running the PMU Connection Tester.

Thanks!
Ritchie

May 27, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Hi, first of all thanks for you reply.

I tried to recive the outputstream in the same machine with the PMU Tester, but it failed.

It could be a bad configuration or a disable option?

Thanks!

May 28, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Hi,

I connected the PMU Tester with a output stream but there is no signal of the phasor measurement receiving in the PMU Tester graph.

What it colud be?

Thanks!

Mauro

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:27 PM

I may need a little more detail so that I can assist you. Did you simply install the software out of the box and you are using the sample file as a data source? Or are you trying to connect to a real field device?

Ritchie

Jun 3, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Hi Ritchie!

We got it. The PMU Tester is reciving data from the OpenPDC. We connected a real field device with OpenPDC.

The OpenPDC is already sending data by outputs streams that we set.

Now we have another question, we have diferent PMUs with diferent clocks, one of those clocks have synchronitation problems, it makes troubles with OpenPDC?

The PMU that have synchronitation problem is sending data to the OpenPDC and the OpenPDC is resending those datas very good, the PMUs that don't have synchronitation problems is sending datas to the OpenPDC without problems but when we try to resend those datas from the OpenPDC to the PMU Tester or to a PDC it can't establish a connection.

I think that it cloud be the lag time and the lead time configuration.

the configuration of the output stream that we set is:

Frames per second= 12, Lag time= 5 ,Lead Time= 5.

This is the one that have the UTC hour:

Frames per second = 12, Lag time=5, Lead Time= 6.

The others have the local hour, so we have to add 5 hours yo set it as the UTC hour.

Thanks!

Mauro.