This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Capturing the time-series data from openPDC using custom program

Jul 21, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Hi,

I have simulated PMU devices using a C# program and make it communicate with the openPDC.

Now, I need to capture the data [that are sent to the openPDC] back from the openPDC using my program.  

For this, I have configured an output stream and configured it to output the data from my device and tested this using the PMU connection Tester. 

Using my program, when I try to listen to the OUTPUTSTREAM UDP port where the data is re-directed from the openPDC, I am not able to receive any data.  

Any suggestions on this would be of great help to me. 

Thank You,

Vinodh

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Hi,

I have the same issue here.

It used to work well in the previous relased version of openPDC (v1.0).

I don't know why Connection Tester can't get any Data Frame.

any idea?

Jul 27, 2010 at 1:47 PM
Hi, In my case, I'm able to receive the dataframes that I sent from my program to openPDC in the PMU Conn Tester. But Instead of connection Tester, I would like to receive the data from the my program, which is not getting through. I have not personally tried the new version yet. I'm using the nightly built version from mid june. Are you able to receice the config/header frames in the tester? Thank You, Vinodh
Jul 28, 2010 at 1:59 AM

Yeah, I think it is working well now.  Im able to get the data Frames now.

I think I set the configuration in wrong way yesterday.

I'm not quite understanding your situation but make sure the port number of UDP /TCP (Command channel) is set correctly.

Moreover, if your OS is one of the windows server family and you are trying to send packets (UDP) to another machine, you may try the Force IPv4 option enable as well.

Thank you.

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM

We have same problem here. Our openPDC is configured to receive from 3 PMU and these connections have shown to be very stable. Nevertheless, it is also configured to distribute C37.118 to to IP: 127.0.0.1, udp, using command port 8900 and data port 8800 and a second connection to IP 10.5.3.117 using command port 8900 and data port 8801. We do not receive data frames from neither connection using connection tester but still in both connections command frames are exchanged successfully. This fact apeared after a necessary reboot due to windows server 2003 automatic upgrade.

Jul 29, 2010 at 2:57 PM
I Too have the same problem with OpenPDC V1.1 on Windows Server 2003, Output stream is not working!
Jul 29, 2010 at 3:10 PM
Check server timestamp, it must be within the lagtime and leadtime configured in the outputstream. If the difference between PMU DATETIME and SERVER DATETIME is greater than lagtime or leadtime, data is discarded in OutputStream. Regards, Luiz Henrique