This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

OpenPDC V1.1 and adding devices to output stream

Developer
Aug 9, 2010 at 9:34 AM
Edited Aug 10, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Hi, I would first like to thank the openPDC team for this great software package.

I have now installed openPDC v1.1 on standard Windows XP SP3. The system works fine, I added 4 live PMUs and the system connects to them and archives measurements the local historian. the problem arises when I add the PMUs to the output stream I get the following error message for each PMU when openPDC is started:

"Failed to define output stream device "KTH" due to exception: Must specify valid information for parsing in the string".

My question is what string is the system referring to? I can't find a relevant string in the openPDC manager. Furthermore, even though I added the PMUs to the output stream the openPDC console shows that the output stream has zero input measurements. Here is a full excerpt of the error from the ErrorLog.txt file:

---- Stack Trace ----

System.Enum.Parse(enumType As Type, value As String, ignoreCase As Boolean) openPDC.exe: N 7532539 TVA.PhasorProtocols.PhasorDataConcentratorBase.UpdateConfiguration() openPDC.exe: N 01075 (Outer Exception) Date and Time: 8/9/2010 10:40:53AM Machine Name: XYZ Server Machine IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Machine OS: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Application Domain: openPDC.exe Assembly Codebase: c:/program files/openpdc/openpdc.exe Assembly Full Name: openPDC, Version=1.1.79.54105, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null Assembly Version: 1.1.79.54105 Assembly Build Date: 7/6/2010 9:19:04 AM .Net Runtime Version: 2.0.50727.3603 Exception Source: Exception Type: System.InvalidOperationException Exception Message: Failed to define output stream device "KTH" due to exception: Must specify valid information for parsing in the string.

Best Regards,

Moustafa

Developer
Aug 10, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Hi Moustafa,

Thank you for trying out openPDC and your comments. The issue you are having has been fixed for Visual Studio 2010 version in a change set # 55927. Since you are using v1.1, please assign the following field values for rows in the "OutputStreamDevice" table in your database.

1. PhasorDataFormat =  FloatingPoint
2. FrequencyDataFormat = FloatingPoint
3. AnalogDataFormat = FloatingPoint
4. CoordinateFormat = Polar

This should fix your issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Thank you,
Mehul Thakkar

Developer
Aug 10, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Hi Mehul,

Thank you very much!

assigning the fields you listed fixed the problem and I was able to connect to the PMUs.

Best Regards,

Moustafa