This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to connect openpdc with sel 5073 pdc

Jan 6, 2011 at 6:11 AM

Hi:

I am a graduate student working on smart grid and I am pretty new to this. I have a openpdc problem for couple of days and I am trying to solve it.

I have a sel 5073 pdc connect with the sel 351s pmu. And the sel assistant can work with the 5073 pdc through the ip address and port.

Now, I am trying to connect openpdc with sel5073 pdc, but it failed. I was using the tcp  connection(maybe wrong). Anyone has such connection experience before?

I would be appreciate if you can give me some hint. Thanks

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:47 AM

the simplest way would be: run the connection tester application. Try to get stream, if you know the ip, port and protocol - it really no brainer. Then save two files from there 1) Connection, 2) Config. Now go to OpenPdc manager and create new device, using the saved files for all complicated options. You shall end up with running input stream and that's it.

Jan 6, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Thanks for help,I try to use PMU connection tester to connect 5073 PDC, but it  always shows :awaiting configuration frame.....,I choose protocol 5(c37118),besides,I set user name and password to get into 5073 PDC ,but when I use PMU connection tester to connect ,I don't know where to put in those password.could anybody give me some hint?thanks

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:49 AM

Yep, typical situation when some of few settings are messed. As far as I see this 5073 is SW pdc by itself, so it should be easy. Compare configuration one by one in 5073 and ConnectionTester, here is the check list:

- Device ID, : no stream if ID is wrong, simple.

- Alternate channel. : If host does not use alternative channel make sure its not defined in CT, and vice versa.

- protocol itself and its version

- udp or tcp connection

- IP and port

If nothing helped, try to connect to the PMU first.

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:55 PM

I try to connect sel351s through PMU connection tester and use serial port, it  always shows :awaiting configuration frame.....,and I don't know how to find the correct Device ID,anybody can help?