This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

PMU Connection tester breaks when launched

Feb 25, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Please help! What did I miss?

When PMU ConnectionTester starts it gives me the first image below - "An unexpected exception has occurred in the PMU ConnectionTester. . .". When I click OK it the the second image pops-up. Nothing else can then be done with PMU Connection tester. Then when I quit it a process "PMU ConnectionTester" keeps running in backgound.

Instalation was on Windows Server 2003 with "Control Panel/Programs and Features" showing:

- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended

- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile

both installed. Please could you help a newby? I´m sure it is something obvious but I can´t realize what it is. Thanks.

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Do you have an error log or more information - your picture did not come through...

Mar 1, 2011 at 12:39 PM

In fact, dear ritchiecarroll, now I notice that I can´t even run setup.exe from the usb. I get the following error:

.NET Framework Initialization Error - "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application".

If this can help.

Thanks for your interest.

Developer
Mar 1, 2011 at 1:59 PM
Edited Mar 2, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Updated:  March 2, 2011

Please consider using the Issue Tracker (in the http://pmuconnectiontester.codeplex.com project please) that allows you to attach files like screen shot graphics and error logs.  I didn't know you could attach a graphic or other file to a discussion memo.  If you can let us know the version PMU Connection Tester you are using, it would be helpful.  Earlier versions of the PMU Connection Tester and other openPDC related software were built using earlier versions of the .NET Framework.

Regarding the ".Net Framework Initialization Error":  Consider installing or reinstalling the following Microsoft .NET 4 Full Version for the current versions of the PMU Connection Tester and other openPDC related software.  The Full version includes some network services that are not included in the Client Profile version.  The following is a link to the .NET 4 standalone redistributable package.  .NET 4 full version is also an optional Windows Update (I think - this could have changed).  After installing .NET 4, consider running Windows Update and installing the .NET 4 security updates (KB2416472 and KB2473228).  As you described the Control Panel / Add Remove Programs entries for "... Client Profile and Extended" appear to be correct and you may just have an older version of the PMU Connection Tester built with .NET 3.5.

Updated .NET 4 Framework Downloads Link:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5a4x27ek.aspx   - Select the appropriate FULL Version.

Please let us know if the above suggestion corrects the problem or if the problem persists.

Arnold