This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

openPDC 1.4 , SEL-451

Mar 17, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Hello there,

Has anyone successfully connected to a SEL-451 system through Ethernet ? I'm trying the PMU Connection Tester to retrieve the configuration to use for openPDC manager, both over tcp and udp but it hangs on "awaiting configuration frame". I can verify that it is listening on port 4712. Any ideas ?

Coordinator
Mar 17, 2011 at 6:46 PM

We connect to them all the time. Have one on my desk, you may want to check the SEL device settings...

Thanks!

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Yes, you were right , it's one of these times when you post for help after 2 days of digging around and directly afterwards you find the answer :) . I'm posting it for anyone else who might have trouble locating the settings, the client IP address ( the machine running openPDC that will connect to the PMU) has to be configured in the SEL device settings . It's under port 5.

Apr 6, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Hi!

I'm having the same trouble. How could I change the client IP??

I'm trying to connect SEL751 via a virtual serial to ethernet converter.

Thanks!

Guilherme Campos

Apr 6, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Hi there Guilherne,

You need to connect to the relay using the software that SEL provides http://www.selinc.com/SEL-5030/

Using the quickset tool, connect to SEL751 read the configuration from the relay and then in the section Port5-> Phasor Measurements you will find the fields to configure the allowed IP for client connection and the protocol and port number to be used .

Hope that this helps

Yiannis

Apr 7, 2011 at 2:33 PM
Edited Apr 7, 2011 at 3:44 PM

In my case there's no Port5. Is this an Ethernet port? I'm using a serial port (Port3) connected to a serial to Ethernet converter, as I said. And so I didn't find the fields to configure the client IP, protocol and port number.

Thanls!!

Apr 7, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Problem solved!

I didn't need to configure the client IP at relay. I just configured the IP and port at PMU Connection Tester to the converter IP and port and put the same configuration parameters (ID, protocol) at relay and PMU CT.

Thanks a lot!