This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can't Open PDC Manager after install

Mar 22, 2011 at 4:02 AM

I installed  MS SQL Server 2008 R2  on Windows 2003 Server and  started the installation of V1.4

I received the following error: openPDC Manager : : Access Denied Error loading security provider: Some or all identity references could not be translated.

I tried the fixes in the related posts, but still get this error. Any help would be appreciated.

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2011 at 11:52 AM
Edited Mar 22, 2011 at 11:55 AM

This basically occurs when a principal does not have an identity associated with it and could not be mapped to any known identity - sounds like the current user logged into the box from where you are running the openPDC Manager cannot be identified.

Two questions:

1) Are you using Active Directory or local NT Accounts?

2) Have there been account deletions related to the current user on this system? (e.g., related groups deleted or user can no longer access domain)

Also, some research has indicated this could be language related - are you using an English version of Windows?

Similar errors have been reported on European language OS.

Ritchie

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Can you try the nightly build and see if your issues have been corrected? We've been adding several updates to the authentication and security layer:

http://www.gridprotectionalliance.org/NightlyBuilds/openPDC/Beta/Synchrophasor.Installs.zip

Developer
Feb 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Hi Ritchie,

This error has re appeared in version 1.4 SP2.

I have it installed on Windows 7 Enterprise using U.S formats.

I have tried it with Access and Sqlite, and tried both windows based and data-based authentication. and I still get this error:

"openPDC Manager : : Access Denied Error loading security provider: Some or all identity references could not be translated."

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Hello Moustafa,

Are you using a Swedish version of Windows? Also, which OS version? I'll see if we can't install that version and try to replicate the error.

Thanks!
Ritchie

Developer
Feb 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Hi Ritchie,

No OS is installed in U.S English and the Format of U.S English. I use this settings to avoid language and region based errors in general. The only thing different is the the Keyboard Layout which is Swedish. But I do not believe this has an impact on the rest of the system per se. I will send/upload the error log, where/to shall i do that?

Best

Moustafa

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Can you just e-mail it to me?

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Is this Windows 7 or XP? If it's Windows 7, have you tried running the application as administrator? That is, browse to the openPDC installation folder, right-click on openPDCManager.exe and select "Run as administrator"...

There could also be an issue with the active directory domain account you are using to authenticate with - have you changed your password recently and/or is your passowrd about to expire?

Another option would be to use a local user account and/or a database user to authenticate with the openPDC Manager?

Ritchie