This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Where do the publishers fit into the TSF?

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:22 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I don't understand where the DataPublisher object contained in the Transport assembly fits into this picture :

http://i3.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?ProjectName=TimeSeriesFramework&DownloadId=147719

It seems to be derived from an action adapter *collection* - but I'm not sure how I should fit it into the framework.

I would think that it would need to be an output adapter.

Can anyone explain this?

Steve

Mar 25, 2011 at 3:25 PM

If you mean codeplex's Team Foundation Server, then this code can be found on the associated Time-Series Framework site.

If you are asking a more fundamental question, such as why did the developers derive the data publisher from a collection instead of directly from an action adapter:

Actually the base collections also implement the interface adapters, that is, the ActionAdapterCollection is still an IAdapter so that even collections of adapters can participate as adapters.

The reason it's based on a collection is so that one publisher can keep track of a collection of subscribers.

Thanks!
Ritchie

PS) We should probably move Time-Series Framework discussions to that codeplex site so I can keep my head on straight :-)