This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Latency issues for data stream from SEL 5073 to open PDC

May 9, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm facing problem in transferring datastream from PDC SEL 5073 (Schweitzer Engg Lab) to openPDC software.

SEL PDC 5073 is attaching some time tag to the datastream and sends it to openPDC which rejects the data by performing a validity test on time tag. SEL 5073 gets the data from the connected PMUs. and sends it to openPDC for further analysis, but i'm unable to get the data from openPDC at recieving end.

I'm new to this software. Plz help. Thanks

Aseem Rambani

Developer
May 9, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Hi Aseem,

There are couple of things you can do.

1. Adjust lag-time and lead-time values or
  2. Set performtimestampreasonabilitycheck to false, please refer to this link below:
    http://openpdc.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Connection%20Strings#ActionAdapterBase

Hope this helps!

Mehul Thakkar

May 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I've the PMU data sample in PMUcapture format and i've run it on PMU connection tester also. Is it possible to run this sampling data on openPDC software to check for the latency issue? Can you give me some link to run this data sample on openPDC software?

Thanks.

Aseem Rambani

Developer
May 9, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Hi Aseem,

When it is running on connection tester, you can export cofiguration and connection settings to two separate files as follows.

Saving Configuration Files

To save a configuration (Only available when connected, and after a configuration frame has been received):

1. From the File menu, point to Config File and then select the Save menu option.
  2. In the displayed save screen, enter the desired File name of the output file, and click Save.

Saving Connection Files

To save a connection (Only available when connected):

1. From the File menu, point to Connection and then select the Save menu option.
  2. In the displayed save screen, enter the desired File name of the output file, and click Save.

Stop PMU Connection tester and go to openPDC Manager and click on "Add New Device" from home screen under "Quick Links" section or go to Devices -->Add New (Wizard) menu on the top. On Device Configuration Wizard screen, step 1, click on "Browse" button and select .PmuConnection file you saved above. Click next. On step 2, click "Browse" button and select .xml configuration file you saved above. Select proper company, historian and interconnection from the dropdowns if you wish. Click next. On step 3, you should see your device(s) and click finish to complete configuration.

Hope this helps!

Mehul Thakkar

May 9, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Yes, it is working now. Thanks a lot for your timely response. 

Now since, i can run the same data in openPDC software also. Is it possible to display all the phasors in openPDC, so that i can check the time stampings in both the softwares (SEL5073 and openPDC) to look for any discrepancy in time tags.

I can display all the phasors in SEL5073 software and can check the selective values at particular time tags, is it possible to do the same in openPDC as well? I saved the configured and connection files and can see the icon in networks, but how to run that icon to display all the values?

Thanks for your help again.

Aseem Rambani