This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to connect OpenPDC output stream with another PDC

May 16, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Hi,

I've configured the OpenPDC with the PMU datacapture file and able to see the parameters on real-time measurements.

I configured one virtual output stream too. Is it possible to check whether I've configured it correctly or not? I've installed one more PDC (SEL-5073) on the same system, but i don't know what should be my settings on the output stream to send the data to another PDC. Please help !!

Thanks.

Aseem Rambani

Developer
May 18, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Hi Aseem,

Why dont you configure that output stream to stream to a UDP port on the local machine, then get the SEL PDC to listen to the local UDP port for data. If you configure your openPDC to publish configuration frame,  then you SEL PDC should recognize the data and receive it. 

I personally have never used a SEL PDC so i dont know what are its capabilities. but openPDC can do that if you had to PC systems with openPDC on each, one send to another machines PDC port while the receiving PDC listens to the local port for the data.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

P.S if I have misunderstood what you want to do, please explain what you want to do further.

Good Luck

May 18, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Hi,

I am trying to connect the SEL 5073 PDC with OpenPDC to check for the latency issues. But i'm not sure if i can connect the datacapture file directly to SEL5073 from PMU connection testor.

SEL5073 asks only for IP address and port for its ethernet connection for the input stream. Can i use output stream from PMU connection testor into SEL PDC directly?

Or do i need to connect OpenPDC first to PMU Conn Testor and the create output stream from OpenPDC into the SEL5073 PDC.

I'm new to this networking , so i don't know much about ports and communication. I'm trying to install SEL5073 PDC on another machine, so that i can send the data from PMU Conn Testor to this software using TCP or UDP port. SEL5073 is a very small software and asks for only IP address and port (Ethernet connection only) of input PDC.

Your help will be highly appreciated. thanks.

Aseem Rambani

May 18, 2011 at 8:52 PM
Edited May 18, 2011 at 8:55 PM

If this doesn't work out, i'll try to connect the PMU conn testor to OpenPDC and then connect it to SEL5073.

I've to check for the latency issues which are coming while sending data from SEL5073 to OpenPDC. Thanks a lot.

Aseem Rambani