This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Conflict between openPDC and PMU Connection Tester Timestamps

Jun 23, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Hi,

While working with the openPDC output stream i have encountered some peculiar problems

The measurement file in openPDC has a timestamp which is different from the one captured by the PMU connection tester(the open PDC output stream is captured by tester).

the measurement file is showing the correct timestamp but the PMU connection tester saved file has different timestamp(with some offset).

In the figures below you can see a to timestamp supposed to be 634444372070809000 is streamed out as 634444372070000000 with an offset of 809000(this value is not constant)

Is there some problem with the open PDC?

thanks in advance

regards

vijay

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:09 PM

How are you generating these files? I'm a little confused on the source of the values...

Thanks!
Ritchie

Jul 24, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Hi Ritchie,

The file on the left is one saved by the measurement file of openPDC(archive),the one on right is saved by PMUconnection tester(coming from output stream of openPDC).

However I figured out the problem,The Timestamps of the original PMU's had a problem,little off from the PPS.I guess the open PDC output stream was correcting for it.Please correct me if i am wrong. 

regards

vijay krishna