This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Syntax error in insert into / Microsof Access Driver

Developer
Aug 3, 2011 at 8:05 PM
Edited Aug 4, 2011 at 2:50 PM

AdoOutputAdapter returns error message on insert into statement (42000) after creating new Access Historian through ODBC. Any help will be appreciated access table already has 4 required fields id/signalid/timestamp/value. Any help will be appreciated.

-------------------------

TableName=MyTable; IDFieldName=MyID;TimestampFieldName=MyTime;ValueFieldName=MyValue; i'm getting an error on cast operation.

------------------------

Also ConnectionString not working as word i can use only dbConnectionString is there any updates on documentation!?

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2011 at 4:59 PM
Edited Aug 5, 2011 at 5:00 PM

I replied to your prior post with some instructions. Hopefully that will guide you on use of the AdoOutputAdapter.

Note that if all you want to do is archive phasor data, there are several options available to you within the openPDC - the AdoOutputAdapter is only one method.

Even so, Access would not necessarily be my first choice when trying to archive massive amounts of phasor data - but since I don't know what you are trying to accomplish I won't attempt to persuade you in another direction.

If you want to provide some detail on your objectives we might be able to provide with some alternate paths that could bring you quicker success...

Thanks!
Ritchie

PS) Note that Access will only work against a 32-bit installation of the openPDC, Access doesn't not work in 64-bits...

Developer
Aug 6, 2011 at 5:25 PM

The overall goal is to demonstrate using PMU data to help detect suspicious activity in the control network.  I’m new to this project and from documentation found few ways to save data for fast analysis as redirect to new archive through historian or stream and save data into Access or MSSQL database.   

I would really appreciate if you’ll point me to different methods you mentioned since my project is not that strict on requirements and pure research at this point…  Is there any tools like Hadoop to preview data and write a queries to search for particular patterns?