This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Open PDC historian & queue statuses monitoring.

Developer
Aug 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Hi,

I'm looking into historian & collected measurements quality statuses, your advice could help.

1. Does Open PDC report dropped from queue measurements?

2. Does historian allow time format with more than 3 ms  ss.fff but ss.fffff I'm getting error on parsing > .fffff.

3. Is it possible to log successful / failure historian states, like unresponsive or reconnected or disconnected!?

Thanks,

DK.

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2011 at 7:16 PM

1. Does Open PDC report dropped from queue measurements?

In the historian that gets setup for statistics, each output stream gets 15 statistics added by default - output stream statistic #1 is the "Number of discarded measurements reported by output stream during last reporting interval." - this may be what you are looking for...

2. Does historian allow time format with more than 3 ms ss.fff but ss.fffff I'm getting error on parsing > .fffff.

The "ss.fff" provides millisecond accuracy for data storage ranging from 000 to 999 (i.e., 1000 whole milliseconds). Since all synchrophasor data (at least in the today's known protocols) is transmitted with millisecond accuracy, this was considered sufficient for storage of time. Currently fractional milliseconds are not supported. However, since the time-series framework allows for timestamps in the 100's of nanoseconds range, we have been considering a new storage format that would accomodate higher resolution times.

3. Is it possible to log successful / failure historian states, like unresponsive or reconnected or disconnected!?

These are currently logged in the "StatusLog.txt" - this is a little informal however, more of human readable file vs. a computer parsable log. You can type the "list" command with the associated historian runtime ID and get a more detailed runtime status.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!
Ritchie

Developer
Aug 11, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Thank you Richie, your answers was very helpful.

Regards,

DK.