This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Multiuser environment for OpenPDC.

Sep 13, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Hi,

Is there any possibility to setup/configure multiuser environment on Windows server for Open PDC .

Maybe not direct but something like creating new node for new user for educational purposes or duplicate some of the configuration files? 

Regards,

Denis.

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:03 AM

Is your intention to create a different openPDC session per logged in user? The multiple "nodes" of openPDC was intended to serve a purpose such as this - basically it allows multiple openPDC instances to be defined within one database, each user in the database can then be associated with their own "default node". Note however in this mode each node is typically meant to represent different "instances" of the openPDC, normally installed on different machines.

However, you can use a single openPDC instance with multiple "nodes" defined in the datbase and associate it with a specific user on login. In this case you would need to write a small script that ran at login that would stop the openPDC service, update the config file's current "NodeID" to match the user, then restart the openPDC service - this would be fairly trivial.

Is this basically what you are trying to accomplish? I am assuming this to help each student have their openPDC configuration?

Thanks!
Ritchie

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Edited Sep 14, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Thank you Ritchie!

Yes exactly. 

Probably we'll use multiple VMs per reseacher, I wasn't sure what is my base in regards of multiuser environments and how they will affect each other in case of multinode environment.

Regards,

dk.