This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Unit Testing Framework for Open PDC development

Developer
Sep 15, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Hi,

I would appreciate your help in regards of "Testing Platform"/"Testing Cases"/"Unit Testing Framework" for Open PDC development purposes?    Do you use such approach in matter of verifying code , tracking issues, eliminating common bugs&problems?   The reason I'm asking is because I have to develop the Unified tests for Open PDC to make sure newly incorporated changes doesn't affect existing code or work correctly.

Thank you,

dk.

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2011 at 4:53 PM

We do have a unit test platform in all of the system components - but they are not fully fleshed out. We certainly appreciate any unit tests you might be able to plug-in to the code.

Thanks!
Ritchie

Developer
Sep 15, 2011 at 9:30 PM

I would be interested in learning how to develop openPDC unit tests if anyone is willing to walk me through the basics and a few examples to get me up to speed.

Arnold

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Thanks Arnold - perhaps we can chat about this!

Developer
Sep 20, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Hi,

I have a question in regards of unit tests for TVACoreLibrary project.

Test sceleton structure already exists( TVA.Comminication.Tests, TVA.Core.Tests) but I didn't find any active tests inside.

What would be your advice on using these namespaces to write our own code (future name collision, reserved for specific purposes, etc...)?

Regards,

Denis. 

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2011 at 1:42 PM

These should be a few active tests there in the code library, at least for Core you should see DateTimeExtensionTest, EnumExtensionTests and StringExtensionTest.

All these tests must succeed before a successful build (at least from build script).

The goal is start adding tests for core functionality.

Thanks!
Ritchie

Developer
Nov 10, 2011 at 3:20 PM
Edited Nov 16, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Ritchie,

- The goal is start adding tests for core functionality.

Which Synchrophasor sub projects you would identify as a "Core Functionality" just a list of them would help?

At the time TVA made their code available to public did they have any documentation available along with the code since "Documentation" folder is empty for TVACodeLibrary  ?

Regards,

Denis.

ps.  What woud be Angle(Radians) precission in TVA.Units since I'm getting different values from scientific calculator in matlab?