This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

PMU Connection Tester Exception

Mar 22, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Hello there,

I'm trying to connect to my PMUs using PMU Connection Tester but always comes up this exception:

An unexpected exception has occurred in the PMU Connection Tester. This error may have been caused by an inconsistent system state or a programming error.  Details of this problem have been logged to an error file, it may be necessary to restart the application. Please notify us with details of this exception so they are aware of this problem: ThreadException.

Does anybody know what might be the problem?

I tried to use TCP, UDP and UDP w/ alternate channel connections.

Thanks!

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I've not seen this error. What is the version of your OS / language? Are you trying to connect using IPv6 (i.e., have you tried to set ForceIPv4 to true in the settings tab)?

We use this tool to connect all the time - you might try installing the latest version:

http://pmuconnectiontester.codeplex.com/releases/view/79144

Thanks!
Ritchie

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Hi, Ritchie!

I'm using Windows 7 / Portuguese and the latest PMU Connection Tester version and I've already tried to connect with ForceIPv4 set.

Actually, I've connected successfully with 5 different PMUs some time ago, but now it doesn't work anymore. Anyway, thanks for the answer. I now it's not a network or physical connection problem because another Desktop with the same settings succeed in connect with the same PMUs using the same PMU Connection Tester version and settings.

Did anybody face this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM

That's interesting - perhaps something is wrong with your installation. One thing you could try is uninstalling the app then removing the installation folder and any remaining files, then reinstalling.

Have you tried from another computer? There could be an issue with Portuguese and the config file settings - we saw an issue like this once for someone running a Swedish version of Windows, but we had corrected that issue.

Thanks!
Ritchie

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Hmmm... I'll try this and then I'll let you know what happened.

Thanks!

Guilherme