This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

TFTP Support

Jun 28, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Hi,

Does openPDC have support for TFTP?

Regards,
Hugo.

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Edited Jun 29, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Yes, an older version. The latest release preview version has the newest version of this protocol - see here for configuration. This is one of the big new features in 1.5 of the openPDC.

We've starting calling this the "Gateway Exchange Protocol" or GEP for short. Very, very handy for simple point based subscription of stream measurement data - no devices or device based protocols required. Also no worries about maximum packet size, IP packet fragmentation and the like...

You can setup a device in the lateset preview release and select "Gateway Transport" as the protocol. FYI - this is the protocol that the openPDC Manager uses when it trends measurements in the "Graph Measurements" screen.

We have also added a C++ and Java version (in addition to the .NET of course) of this protocol to the latest code in Time-series Framework (click on prior links).

I really like this new feature - I think it has the potential to really simplify the setup of advanced synchrophasor deployments.

Ritchie

Coordinator
Jul 5, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Sorry - I though this said "TDTP" which stood for the Time-series Data Transport Protocol".

"Trival FTP", no, not currently.

We do have an FTP class in the code library however, but this is a full-blown FTP implementation.

There are also implementations of TFTP on codeplex, e.g.: http://tftp4net.codeplex.com/

So implementation might be "trivial" :-)

What were you thinkg use case was? Output data to CSV file then FTP or offload .D files to an alternate location?

Thanks!
Ritchie

(Sorry for the confused initial response)