This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

openPDCManager webpage problems!

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Hi folks,

I installed the applications openPDCManagerWebInstaller.exe and  openPDCManagerServicesInstaller.exe but when I access the site http://localhost/openPDCManager appeared the message below:

"Failed to Retrieve Node List

[CrossDomainError]

Arguments: http://localhost/OpenPDCManagerServices/Service/PhasorDataServices.svc.......

.... consult the web page http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.0.10411.00&File=System.ServiceModel.dll&Key=CrossDomainError"

What is the solution?

Tks!

MbFoster

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Hi,

Fix the above problem, but appeared other.

"Failed to retrieve Node list

Column 'TimeSeriesDataServiceUrl' does not belong to table nodedetail"

This message appears when i open openpdcmanager homepage.

Please, Help me! 

tks

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM

The openPDC Manager is a WPF application. The web services you are trying to use were from a very old version that has not been supported for some time.

Do you have a particular need for these configuration web services and/or a web based openPDC Manager?

I would suggest you install the latest openPDC, version 1.5, and see if that accommodates your needs.

Thanks!
Ritchie

Oct 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Hi Ritchie,

I downloaded the version 1.5 but when extract not find the files openPDCManagerWebSetup.msi or openPDCManagerServicesSetup.msi.

where are they? I still need to install them?

Can you show me how can i configure the web page of openpdc step by step?

Thanks!

Foster!

To: [email removed]
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 05:09:54 -0700
Subject: Re: openPDCManager webpage problems! [openpdc:398826]

The openPDC Manager is a WPF application. The web services you are trying to use were from a very old version that has not been supported for some time.
Do you have a particular need for these configuration web services and/or a web based openPDC Manager?
I would suggest you install the latest openPDC, version 1.5, and see if that accommodates your needs.
Thanks!
Ritchie

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (openpdc@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email openpdc@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Oct 15, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I'm not understanding how to install openpdc web service.

I installed the 1.5 version and then tried to open the localhost and the web service does not work. You can tell me what are the applications that need to be installed?

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM

As Ritchie mentioned, the openPDC Manager web services have not been supported for quite some time. The openPDC Manager has been migrated to a WPF application which is installed alongside the openPDC. You will need to run the openPDCManager executable file which resides in the openPDC installation folder to access it.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:22 PM

So we cannot access the openPDC remotely? only local?

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM

You can run the openPDC Manager application remotely - but it will need socket access to openPDC and database.

We can consider re-adding the web based interface, had always considering doing so, but we didn't find many people were using it...

What are your remote access requirements?

Ritchie

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:42 PM

We currently have 5 PMU ´s and we want to start to provide data for the technical teams via the web (intranet) to openPDC, as well as can provide a good opportunity for the technical teams to meet the technology PMU.

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Ritchie???

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Data can be delivered via IEEE C37.118, the gateway exchange protocol API and the web services engine that sits on the built-in openHistorian to remote systems.

The openPDC Manager application is a WPF style application that can be installed on a remote machine and can remotely connect to the openPDC (ideally in an intra-net style environment).

The completely web-based openPDC with backend data access web service could be brought back into future builds, but again, we haven't seen much request for this.

Thanks!
Ritchie