This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Custom Action Adapter - Which base class should I use?

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Edited Dec 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Hi,
I need to create an action adapter to perform some calculations but I’m not sure about which base class I should use to start implementing it.
As far as I know, there are 3 options: ActionAdapterBase, FacileActionAdapterBase or CalculatedMeasurementBase.

There are some requirements for the the adapter to do the calculus:
- As input it will use a set of measurements (voltage and current angles and magnitudes);
- For the given set of measurements, it needs the last 30 samples to start calculating;
- I need to be sure that the adapter gets all the measurements at a given time (time aligned).
I.e., if it doesn’t get one of the measurements belonging to the set, it doesn’t do the calculus, discard the measurements and wait for the next sample.
- Once the calculus are done, it generates a set of output measurements;

What base class should I use?

Thanks in advance,
Hugo.

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I like questions that I can answer :-)

Use CalculatedMeasurementBase if you need know "phasor signal types" in your calculation (sounds like you might) and you need data sorted by time before processing.

Use FacileActionAdapterBase if you just need a simple measurement based operation, but time-sourting is not important.

The ActionAdapterBase basically just sorts measurements by time and you do all the work figuring things out on your own.

Hope that helps!
Ritchie