This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Help with measurements.csv

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Edited Jan 19, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Hi,

I configured the historians like this:

Acronym: PPA
Name: Primary Phasor Archive
Type Name: CsvAdapters.CsvOutputAdapter
Assembly Name: CsvAdapters.dll
Connection String: FileName=C:/Program Files/openPDC/Archive/measurements.csv;
Description: Primary historical archive for phasor data.
Load Order: 0

The data is saved in the file, but when I restart my pc or the service, the file is overwritten and all the data collected before is lost.

How can avoid this? Can I saved the data in different files?, e.g. 100MB in a file and start a new file after that.

In other hand, the file saved a column named "Signal ID" but I don't need it, how do I get this column is not saved? 

In addition, when I import the file to excel the column "value" is imported in two columns because the data has a comma, how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance. 

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Edited Jan 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM

What part of the code creates the file measurements.csv?

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Hello,

The file is no longer overwrite each time the service is restarted. Also I deleted the column "Signal ID" and I changed the separator by semicolon, to correct the problem in the import in Excel. Besides I create a new file each time the previous file reaches 100MB.

What I can do to make for each data associated with the same timestamp is stored in the same row, ie the magnitude and angles of the three phases and frequency?. How I can do this?
Mar 28, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Same problem here: have you found a way to store data associated to a timestamp in the same row?
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Are you really wanting a constant CSV output from the system? If the local historian is enabled you can always use either the Historian Trending Tool or Playback Utility to export archived data to CSV for a given time range...

Thanks,
Ritchie