This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Power Calculations

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Hi,

I would like some clarification regarding the values I obtain using the Power Calculator action adapter and Power Stability action adapter. What I have noticed is that Power Stability uses the VLine voltage for its calculations, which is correct, whereas Power Calculator uses Vphase voltage value. So I am needed to multiply the result from Power Calculator by sqrt(3) using the dynamic caluculator to match the actual values of the power system.

So is there a way to modify the Power Calculator adapter to use the Line-to-line voltages instead of phase voltages?

Also, how do I actually implement the blanket sqrt(3) for all the voltage values I receive from the PMUs? Which code do I need to modify?

Jan 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Edited Jan 16, 2013 at 4:19 PM

You can apply to a SQRT(3) to voltage measurements using the "multiplier" in the voltage measurement definition. This, along with the "adder", allows simple linear adjustments to be applied to the incoming measurements.

In code make sure you use the "AdjustedValue" to apply the linear scalars to measurement values.

Thanks!
Ritchie

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM

HI Ritchie.

I tried modifying the multiplier and adder as you said but that did not make any difference. I am unsure as to in which "code" I need to use the Adjusted Value?

Thanks, Akshay