This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

how to read data file with extension .pmu

Mar 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Hi All

I have a PMU data file with .pmu extension, could any one please help me how can i open this file in readable format. Thanks
Developer
Mar 20, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Hi... NewUserPMU!

Are you getting this .pmu file from a SEL ?

Cheers!

Alex
Mar 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Hi Alex

I am receiving these files from TSO(Transmission System Operator) and these files are probably in hexadecimal/binary format and i need to read these data files.

Thnx
Developer
Mar 20, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I stumbled across the same issue, but I was receiving this kind of files from a SEL relay with PMU functionality that was recording internally the phasor measurements in this format. I worked around the issue by using openPDC to get the IEEE C37.118 stream in real time. Seems to me you have similar captures of relay data, please let us know too, if you somehow manage to read this format. Why don't you ask them (the TSO) to provide details about reading the format ?

Cheers!

Alex
Mar 20, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Hi Alex

Thanks for your reply. Well i have asked them and they have suggested me to develop my own tool to read this data, i could open these files using ALSOTO's Micom studio software but i can read these files only in hexadecimal format not in normal decimal format. I will let u know in case i succeeded and same applies tou you also:) thanks