This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Observation of strange error in Console

May 31, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I have been seeing:

[StatusExporter] Exception encountered during export preparation: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: Waithandle array may not be empty.

I haven't seen any bad affect, but have always disliked strange error messages!
Jun 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I added this problem (minor, perhaps) to the 'Issues' tab.
Coordinator
Jun 10, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Hi patpentz,

This error is caused by configuration file corruption. As this error only shows up on occasion, we haven't been able to determine the cause of the corruption, but it's a simple fix. In openPDC.exe.config, under the categorizedSettings section, make sure your statusExporter section looks something like this:
    <statusExporter>
      <clear />
      <add name="ExportTimeout" value="-1" description="Total allowed time for each export to execute, in milliseconds. Set to -1 for no specific timeout."
        encrypted="false" />
      <add name="MaximumRetryAttempts" value="4" description="Maximum number of retries that will be attempted during an export if the export fails. Set to zero to only attempt export once."
        encrypted="false" />
      <add name="RetryDelayInterval" value="1000" description="Interval to wait, in milliseconds, before retrying an export if the export fails."
        encrypted="false" />
      <add name="ExportCount" value="1" description="Total number of export files to produce."
        encrypted="false" />
      <add name="ExportDestination1" value="c:\" description="Root path for export destination. Use UNC path (\\server\share) with no trailing slash for network shares."
        encrypted="false" />
      <add name="ExportDestination1.ConnectToShare" value="False" description="Set to True to attempt authentication to network share."
        encrypted="false" />
      <add name="ExportDestination1.Domain" value="" description="Domain used for authentication to network share (computer name for local accounts)."
        encrypted="false" />
      <add name="ExportDestination1.UserName" value="" description="User name used for authentication to network share."
        encrypted="false" />
      <add name="ExportDestination1.Password" value="" description="Encrypted password used for authentication to network share."
        encrypted="true" />
      <add name="ExportDestination1.FileName" value="Program Files\openPDC\Status.txt"
        description="Path and file name of data export (do not include drive letter or UNC share). Prefix with slash when using UNC paths (\path\filename.txt)."
        encrypted="false" />
    </statusExporter>
Alternatively, you should just be able to remove the statusExporter section from your configuration file and it will be recreated with sane defaults the next time you run the openPDC.

Stephen
Jun 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I used the second option: removed the statusExporter section, restarted. So far, no errors of that kind.