This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Not able to run openPDC console

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM
When I tried to run the console, I got the error like: "Connection to the service was rejected due to authentication failure."
I tried to type in the username and password (windows password as I set, and didn't set any other username and password), but it still didn't work, actually the password area didn't accept my typing at all.
Developer
Jun 5, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I ran into this issue with one of the interns at our company. What we did was rerun the Configuration Setup Utility and with the default parameters (basically, don't require pass through authentication - I believe that is the setting that is important here). You will need to build a new configuration, do not select 'use existing configuration'.

Hope this helps,

Kevin
Jun 5, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Thanks Kevin. I tried, I removed the checkbox for pass through authentication, but still connection rejected. Actually I could typed in the username, but the passord area didn't accept my typing. It only responded to the "Enter" key and then showed the error.
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Hello zihao0430,

Please take a look at this page for information on which settings affect the remote console security. You may need to tweak these settings to get your console working again.

https://openpdc.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Remote%20Console%20Security

Thanks,
Stephen
Jun 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM
staphen wrote:
Hello zihao0430,

Please take a look at this page for information on which settings affect the remote console security. You may need to tweak these settings to get your console working again.

https://openpdc.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Remote%20Console%20Security

Thanks,
Stephen
Thanks Stephen. I compared all the relative settings listed on the page, and they all match, but still the console didn't work. I also tried database authentications besides windows authentications. It just didn't work either. Do you know why it's not accepting password typing?
Coordinator
Jun 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I believe the prompt is accepting password typing, it just doesn't have any visual confirmation of it. Sort of a command-line equivalent to a password text box that hides the actual characters that you are typing.