This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Help: Connection to the service was rejected.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Edited Jun 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM
OpenPDC Manager: 1.5.234.0
Windows 7 SP1 6.1.7601
Microsoft SQL 2012 Enterprise 11.0.2100.60
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.30319.296

Please help :/ I cannot get OpenPDC to work. When i did the install I used windows authentication and did "test connection" which stated the connection was successfull.

When I start the console it says :
Connecting to tcp://localhost:8500
Connected to  tcp://localhost:8500
Client state: Connected
Connection time: 0 Seconds
Receive Buffer: 8192
Transport protocol: Tcp
Text encoding used: US-ASCII
Queued payloads:0
Wait handle pool size: 1
Payload pool size: 1

Connection to the service was rejected due to authentication failure. Enter the credentials to be used for authentication with the service.
At this point I have tried entering my windows credentials "ttuworkstation1\ttupmu" and setting a SQL user into the management console "ttupmu" and restarting, but no matter what I do I get

"Exception during connection attempt: The server has rejected the client credentials."

When i open the openPDC Manager, the node light glows green but the connection health never shows anything after a few minutes I get this:
ERROR: Failed to open ADO data connection, verify "ConnectionString" in configuration file: Cannot open database "openPDC" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user "ttuworkstation1\ttupmu".
My connection string looks correct to me though:
<add name="ConnectionString" value="Data Source=ttuworkstation1; Initial Catalog=openPDC; Integrated Security=SSPI" description="Configuration connection string" encrypted="False" />
Jun 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Maybe this will help also from the ErrorLog:
Application Domain:    openPDC.exe
Assembly Codebase:     c:/program files/openpdc/openpdc.exe
Assembly Full Name:    openPDC, Version=1.5.234.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly Version:      1.5.234.0
Assembly Build Date:   5/24/2013 2:44:44 PM
.Net Runtime Version:  4.0.30319.296

Exception Source:      .Net SqlClient Data Provider
Exception Type:        System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
Exception Message:     Cannot open database "openPDC" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'.
Exception Target Site: GetConnection

---- Stack Trace ----
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(owningObject As DbConnection)
       openPDC.exe: N 00706
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(owningConnection As DbConnection)
       openPDC.exe: N 00089
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(outerConnection As DbConnection, connectionFactory As DbConnectionFactory)
       openPDC.exe: N 6415550
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
       openPDC.exe: N 00300
   TVA.Data.AdoDataConnection..ctor(settingsCategory As String)
       openPDC.exe: N 00731
Jun 12, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Edited Jun 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM
OK I went into SQL Server Management Studio -> Security -> logins and under NT Authority\System checked all of the server roles.

Now it works... is this a security issue? If so how do I get around this?