This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Output BPA Pdc Steam

Jul 11, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Hi,

I have been successful in installing and setting up openPDC so far. All of my inputs are coming in C37.118 format, but I can't seem to get the PDC to output in BPA PDC format. We have some legacy tools that this would save us some headache with.

I have been able to make the PDC output in C37.118 but the BPA stream is a no go, any suggestions?

Thanks!
Jul 11, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Things to note when using BPA PDCstream:

1) You must specify the INI configuration file name in the connection string (e.g., iniFileName=MYOUTPUTSTREAM.ini) - if the INI file doesn't exist it will be created for you, if no path is specified it will default to the same location as the openPDC.exe.
2) BPA PDCstream only works with UDP - specification of a TCP channel is ignored - as a result you must check the "Auto Publish Confg Frame" parameter in the Advanced Properties

See if that helps!

Also, there have been some improvements made to BPA support in the 2.0 version of the openPDC as well...

Thanks,
Ritchie
Jan 3, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Ritchie: Thanks for the post. I entered the connection string into the field in the Manage Output Streams editor: "iniFileName=BPASTREAM.ini" When does the INI file get created? I saved the configuration and restarted the OpenPDC, but I could not find the INI file.

Harry
Jan 6, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Hello Harry,

The INI file is created when the output stream is initialized. Some things to check:
  1. Is "BPA PDCstream" selected in the "Type" field in the Manage Output Streams page? IEEE C37.118 and IEC 61850-90-5 streams do not create INI files.
  2. After initializing the output stream, did an error message appear on the openPDC Console? Are there any matching errors in the error log?
Thanks,
Stephen
Jan 6, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Hi Stephen: Thanks for your response. The following is what I get in the Console when I try to initialize the output stream. Not sure what I am doing wrong here.

I get something similar in the error log too. Something about, “Index was outside the bounds of the array.” See attached.

Harry