This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Using a "Gateway Style Connection" between openPDCs and/or openPGs

Jul 15, 2013 at 5:20 AM
Hi all,

I have connected between openPDCs in LAN network. It is OK. But I can't connect them through internet. Any one can help me?

Thank you and regards,
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Will work fine over the Internet, however, firewalls will need to be opened to the Internet in order to make a connection. By default the openPDC listens on 6165, for example, this would have to opened for external connections.

If you are just testing this should be fine - however, if you are using production data it is recommended to use a secure connection (e.g., TLS) and require an authenticated connection - or at least use an encrypted tunnel (e.g., VPN).

Thanks,
Ritchie
Jul 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Thank you for your response. I used VPN and I want to connect to openPDC at IP 192.168.254.75. I added device TEST with:
connection string: "localport=8700;transportprotocol=udp;interface=0.0.0.0;autoconnect=true;internal=true;"
Alternate Command Channel: "transportprotocol=tcp;maxSendQueueSize=-1;server=192.168.254.75:6165;islistener=false;interface=0.0.0.0;"

Stream Statistics show that: Subscriber Connected: True, but Subscriber Authenticated: False.

Please show me what wrong in my work?

Thank you very much.