This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to save and restore an openPDC configuration

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Hello all. Is there a way to save and restore a complete configuration of an openPDC? For example, I have an openPDC running with some PMUs and Output Streams configured, and other details (alarms, companies, types of devices, etc.). I would like to save the complete configuration of this openPDC, and restore quickly this configuration in another server, if I have a problem with the first server, for example. Is it possible? Thanks.
Sep 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Hello MNAgostini,

openPDC configuration primarily resides in the database that is set up by the Configuration Setup Utility. All database systems that are supported by the openPDC can be backed up or replicated to other servers. There is one other important location for configuration, and that is the openPDC.exe.config configuration file located in the directory where the openPDC was installed. This contains connection information for how to connect to the database as well as that instance's node ID which needs to match one of the Node records in the database. If you plan on using the same configuration on a second server, this file will also need to be replicated to that server.

Stephen
Marked as answer by ritchiecarroll on 11/1/2013 at 11:39 AM
Sep 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Hello, staphen. Is there a way, or a function, to do that automatically (in the openPDC Manager, for example, or some tool to do that), or I need backup and restore the configuration database, and the openPDC.exe.config file, manually? We use MySQL for the configuration here.

Thanks.
Sep 11, 2013 at 4:40 PM
You will have to do it manually.
Sep 27, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Hi. Just for the forum records, it has worked well with "mysqldump", and with some ".config" files copied from the openPDC path installation.

Thanks.