This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Historian object

Developer
Sep 25, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Hello,
When I read some historian data using the webservice, I receive the following properties:

"HistorianID","DataType","Name","Synonym1","Synonym2","Synonym3","Description","HardwareInfo","Remarks","PlantCode","UnitNumber","SystemName","SourceID","Enabled","ScanRate","CompressionMinTime","CompressionMaxTime","EngineeringUnits","LowWarning","HighWarning","LowAlarm","HighAlarm","LowRange","HighRange","CompressionLimit","ExceptionLimit","DisplayDigits","SetDescription","ClearDescription","AlarmState","ChangeSecurity","AccessSecurity","StepCheck","AlarmEnabled","AlarmFlags","AlarmDelay","AlarmToFile","AlarmByEmail","AlarmByPager","AlarmByPhone","AlarmEmails","AlarmPagers","AlarmPhones"

What is the meaning of:

PlantCode
Unit Number
SourceID

??

Renan
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Hi Renan,

The historian file format used by the Historian 1.0 is designed to be identical to a historian data format used internally by TVA. As such, some of these values have odd names or don't mean much from the openPDC's perspective. I don't know the driving reason behind the naming of some of these parameters, but here's what they mean from the openPDC's perspective.
  • PlantCode is the acronym of the historian.
  • UnitNumber is always 1.
  • SourceID is the ProtocolID (from the Protocol table) of the device that parsed the measurement.
Stephen
Marked as answer by ritchiecarroll on 11/1/2013 at 11:39 AM