This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

openPDC Manager :: Change Password (version 1.5.243)

Developer
Nov 24, 2013 at 9:06 PM
On a lab instance of openPDC 1.5.243 (with MySQL database), I setup a dedicated account (non-AD) to login to openPDC Manager. After a period of about 30-60 days, I tried to run the openPDC Manager, but I got a pop-up that says:

"openPDC Manager :: Change Password. You are required to change your password periodically for security. In order to change your password, you must enter your current username and password for verification."

When I type in my username and password, then type in a new password and hit the "change" button, I get the message "Authenitcation was not successful." I have re-typed in my username and password multiple times, but everytime I get the same message and I cannot log into the manager.

Is this a bug with the change password feature? Can I turn off the periodic Change Password feature? If neither of these are possible, how can I change my password manually to get into openPDC Manager?

Thanks,
Kyle
Coordinator
Nov 25, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Hi Kyle,

This is a bug. Incidentally, this bug is also present in version 2.0. We rolled out a patch for version 1.5 this morning. The patch (Password Expiration Patch.zip) is available on the download page for openPDC 1.5 (https://openpdc.codeplex.com/releases/view/98475). The fix is also implemented in 2.0 and a version including the fix is available in the Nightly Builds.

FYI, make sure you read the README (included in the .zip) before applying the patch. It contains an important note about how to log in with your account.

Thanks!
Stephen
Marked as answer by ritchiecarroll on 12/16/2013 at 10:44 AM
Developer
Nov 25, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Thanks Stephen!

-Kyle
Developer
Nov 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM
The new patch worked perfectly on our system. Thanks for the help! I will note the following when going through the patch and the README:

If you had attempted to change the password multiple times PRIOR to this patch, and during these attemps tried different passwords, you must use the FIRST password that was attempted. Any later passwords that were attempted were not saved. This was my experience at least.

Thanks!
Kyle