This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Device to data

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Hi all,
I am working with the Device to data program, but i can't receive measurements data (Point Tag, Signal Reference,...) and calculations data.
Could you help me how to solve these problem?
Kind regards.
Jan 6, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Hello thena,

I'm not 100% sure what your problem is that you've described, but it sounds like you followed the Device to Data in 5 Easy Steps guide and that you're having trouble accessing the metadata defined in the openPDC configuration database. The Device to Data guide is designed to receive data directly from devices using standard synchrophasor protocols, such as IEEE C37.118. These protocols typically do not transmit additional metadata apart from simple identification information that can be used to associate a measurement with its metadata. Accessing the metadata and associating it with measurements is quite a bit more complicated than just reading measurements from the synchrophasor data stream.

Since I don't have much information about what it is you are trying to do, I can only provide some vague suggestions. One would be to have a look at the source code in the Grid Solutions Framework (https://gsf.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest) to determine how the openPDC handles the mapping of measurements with their metadata. In particular, look at GSF.TimeSeries.ServiceHostBase.GetConfigurationDataSet() for reading from the configuration database, and then look at GSF.PhasorProtocolAdapters.PhasorMeasurementMapper.ExtractFrameMeasurements() for associating measurements with their metadata.

The other suggestion would be to use the Gateway Exchange Protocol instead of the MultiProtocolFrameParser, which allows you to connect to the openPDC and issue a "Metadata Refresh" command to cause the openPDC to transmit metadata to your application. This option is significantly less complicated, and GEP can provide some other benefits as well.

And of course, if I've misinterpreted your problem, feel free to clarify so that we can hopefully provide a little better guidance.

Thanks,
Stephen
Mar 20, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Thank you for your help.
Mar 21, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Dear Stephen,

Please show me how to receive data stream from OpenPDC? I want to develop a GUI that get data stream from OpenPDC.

Thank you in Advance.