This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

openPDC Configure Delayed Output Stream

Apr 24, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Is there a native way to configure an output stream from openPDC that streams data delayed by a time period? For example, I want to establish an output stream where all measurements are delayed by 1 hour.

I want to send a data stream to an external network location for research but due to policy, the stream must not be real time.
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Hello SWestervelt,

We have something hypothetical in mind. Just give us a little time to test and try it out and we'll get back with you.

Thanks,
Stephen
Apr 24, 2014 at 5:20 PM
No problem, I appreciate your consideration.

Thank you,

Shawn
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2014 at 1:19 PM
I've recently added code to the temporal GEP subscription API that will support this. In this mode of operation you can have one "real-time" PDC that archives data to a local historian. You would then setup a secondary "historical" PDC that will create an internal historical subscription to the "real-time" PDC with a start time, for example, of *-30D, i.e., 30 days ago, and an end time like *+365D, i.e., one year from now.

The "historical" PDC would then be receiving 30 day old data for which you could then send to an IEEE C37.118 output stream. Note that you would need to turn off time reasonability checks on the output stream since the incoming data for the output stream would be 30 days old...

Let me know if you would like to try this and I'll get you setup with the correct BETA version of the code...

Thanks,
Ritchie