This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

OUTPUT CSV FILE ON ALARM

Dec 22, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Hello,
   I am a beginner with openPDC and have used some features of it. I would like to know if I there is a way to output a .csv file of selected PMU data when an alarm is on? As I have seen we can create custom alarms based on threshold for frequency, voltage etc. When one of the quantities cross a threshold the data corresponding to certain PMUs for a minute before the alarm and a minute after the alarm should be automatically extracted. This is basically to run a .exe file on the background based on the formation of this data. Kindly advice me in this respect. 
Coordinator
Dec 22, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Edited Dec 22, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Hello sudeepm26,

While this kind of thing is not impossible, it would require some custom development. When an alarm goes off in the openPDC, a measurement is created to represent that alarm. That measurement can be received as input by another adapter to trigger some other process based on which alarm measurements it receives and what time it receives them. The other process can then be used to extract data from the openPDC's archives for the corresponding period of time.

Also note that there are APIs for receiving measurements from the openPDC into other applications written in .NET, C++, and Java. This makes it possible to develop the process I described above in any of those three platforms without any custom adapter development.

Stephen