This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

problem with data reading from a PMU meter

Jun 18, 2015 at 11:42 AM
Hi!
I downloaded and installed the new OpenPDC version (2.1 release) and the connection tester with it.
I've connected my PMU meter (Elspec G5K) to my laptop (no switches or proxies involved) and tried to read data.
When connecting with the tester – the data arrives as requested (i can see the packets with all the information on the "protocol specific" tab)
When using the same connection file (saved it on the tester) with the openPDC – I can get the configuration (via the request configuration button), but no data. On the remote system console I see this message: "no data received in 5.0 seconds, restarting connect cycle".
What am I doing wrong?
Your help would be much appreciated,
Nissim.
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2015 at 5:28 PM
Have you checked your PMU ID code in the openPDC configuration?

The openPDC needs this to take parsed frames and convert them to measurements.

Thanks,
Ritchie
Jun 21, 2015 at 7:10 AM
Hi,
I've saved the connection file on the tester tool after i got it to work there, and uploaded it to the openPDC, so all connection parameters including the ID are the same..
Just to be on the safe side - i've rechecked it - The PMU ID is correct.

is there any more information about my system that i can give to help figuring this out?
I'm using a windows 7 enterprise (X64) laptop, with 2GB RAM.

Nissim.
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2015 at 2:39 PM
Hi Nissim,

Would you be able to show us your device's connection string so we could have a look at it?
  1. Go to "Inputs > Browse Input Devices"
  2. Click on the Device name in the list.
  3. "Connection String" is the sixth field on the left.
Thanks,
Stephen
Jun 28, 2015 at 8:25 AM
Hi,
Can't attach files here, so i sent you the connection file and the configuration file via Email.
thanks for the help!
Nissim.