This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

phasor information not archived in historian

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:28 PM
I could see the stream of phasor data in OpenPDC Manager graph monitor as well as using PMU connection tester but the data is not being archived for the phasor data from harware PMU. For same Historian configuration , I am able to get the archived data for a simulator PMU model.

I have been using Historian tool to extract data from archive file.

Have anyone come across similar problem?
Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016 at 6:04 PM
Sounds like a configuration issue - are you sure the historian is setup correctly and/or that your devices are set to archive to the historian?

On the device screen there is an option for "historian" - this drop-down is what tells the system that the device data should be archived...

Thanks!
Ritchie
Mar 9, 2016 at 6:59 PM
Hi Ritchie,

Following is my historian configuration:

Acronym: PPA
Name: Primary Phasor Archive
Type Name: HistorianAdapters.LocalOutputAdapter
Assembly Name: HistorianAdapters.dll

On the 'Manage Device Configuration' I have set the Historian to PPA.

And this historian setting is working fine for the simulator PMU model.

Regards,
Bikash
Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016 at 8:31 PM
Hi Bikash,

Two things you can check:
  1. In the openPDC Console, type "LIST /O" and check the output. Make sure PPA reports that it's archiving data. Also monitor the console for errors.
  2. Are the timestamps from the hardware PMU valid? If they are too far in the future, the data will not be archived. If they are in the past, you may not be querying the right time range. Time zones can cause confusion as well, so maybe try querying a full day of data from the historian to see if anything comes back.
Thanks,
Stephen