This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

OpenPDC setting problems

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Hello all!

We have installed and configured te OpenPDC in windows 2008 server. It was working without problems but now we changed the settings of the OS and it is having some problems.

In the PMUConsole appears the next messages in red letters:

[Output Collection Adapter] The input string is incorrect.

After a while the OpenPDC service doesn't work any more and the transmission falls.

The settings of the regional and language options is in spanish - Colombia.

Could be OS setting problems?

Thanks!

Mauro.

 

Jul 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Hi!

The OpenPDC have any restriction with the operating system format language, the language must be in English - U.S . for the proper functioning of OpenPDC?

 

Thanks.

Mauro.

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Interesting - perhaps you can send me a copy of your cached configuration file so we can see if there are any issues. Typically the file is located here:

C:\Program Files\openPDC\ConfigurationCache\SystemConfiguration.xml

We can try to load the file in test mode and look for any issues.  There is nothing in the code that is necessarily lanugage specific, but we haven't tested on many other language platforms - there may be delimeters in the language for dates/times etc that may be different.

Also we can try to change the OS language, where did you apply this? Or was this a resintall of the OS?

Thanks!
Ritchie

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2010 at 5:12 PM
Edited Jul 7, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Hello Mauro,

If you are sending a copy of the cached configuration, can you send a copy of the error log as well? That is typically located at:

C:\Program Files\openPDC\ErrorLog.txt

Thanks,
Stephen

Jul 7, 2010 at 7:32 PM
Edited Jul 7, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Hi Ritchie and Stephen,

Yes, we have installed the Windows server 2008 English Version, then we reinstall the OS in Windows Server 2008 Spanish Version, then we started having problems with the OpenPDC.

We tried changing the OS language but it doesn't work.

I can send you the files to notifications@codeplex.com? Or in what way i can send you the files?

 

Thanks!

Mauro

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Please send the files to swills@gridprotectionalliance.org

Thanks!

Jul 8, 2010 at 2:28 PM
Edited Jul 8, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Hi Ritchie,

 

I sent the files to that mail.

Thank you very much for your help, I'll be waiting for you reply.

Mauro.

Developer
Aug 17, 2010 at 11:27 AM

I dont know if this is a bug, but I found that the PMU connection Tester was language/region dependent, or at least it did not work with my settings. 

 

On one machine I had the regional options on windows XP set to "Swedish", and i tried several versions of the PMU connector and i would get many errors.

 

on the other hand when i set the regional options to "English (United States)" all went well and no errors at all!.

 

This was the only region/language error I found, no errors were experienced for any other component from the Synchrophasor applications.

 

Regards,

Moustafa

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Thanks Moustafa - that sounds like something a can easlity try to replicate - I'll try to get that corrected for you.

Ritchie

Aug 26, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Thanks Moustafa for your contribution. 

I agree that there is not errors with the others Synchrophasor applications because it's working good.

 

With best regards,

 

Mauro