This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Playback Utility

Jul 7, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Hello All!

I have a question about the Playback utility and I didn't find any documentation about it.

I choose the right dir, choose the points, the interval and click start.

Using the default config, it outputs to udp localhost 8989.

I open Connection Tester to this port, but I get errors.

Is it the right thing to do?

Thanks in advance! :)

Luiz Henrique

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2010 at 3:11 PM
Edited Jul 8, 2010 at 3:20 PM

We'll work on adding some documentation for this tool - its primary purpose is read archived historian data, stored as points, and rebroadcast them to IP, Serial or a file (e.g., CSV).  This tool was provided generally to "extract" history from the archive in a simple fashion. That being said, it would be possible to use the tool to replay history back into the openPDC.

To "replay" history in IEEE C37.118 format you would rebroadcast the history stream back into the openPDC. To do this you need to setup a custom input adapter:

• Assembly Name: HistorianAdapters.dll  
  • Type Name: HistorianAdapters.InputAdapter
  • Example Connection String: protocol=UDP; port=2004; initiateConnection=False

You would then send all the points associated with your original input devices making sure to disable the input devices during replay. This would allow the system to broadcast history back into the openPDC - keep in mind that original timestamps will be used for playback, so an adjustment would need to be made the system clock so that the concentrator does not discard all the data and you would need to use the local clock as real-time. Esstentially your local clock and replay time would need to be roughly synchronized.

We'll add a feature to the August release to allow "historical" playback with original timestamps at the concentration level that won't require clock adjustments.

Jul 8, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Hello Ritchie!!!

Thank you for the information.

Best Regards!

Luiz Henrique

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Associated with work item: http://openpdc.codeplex.com/workitem/6678