This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

well 1 PMU - 2 devices, how to configure the OPDC...

Nov 22, 2010 at 2:38 PM

So I have a fistfull of PMUs, all the same, containing 2 DAC boards, each to process 4U 4I from 1 line. Of course the vendor's software has no problem with them, thought its quite rudemental regarding RT phasor data. The PMU tester (nice SW especially earlier versions btw) has no problem with our PMU's too - it just assignes DAC 2 a different ID code, so its kind of 2 PMU's with two IDs but one connection to the field device.

Now, OpenPDC do not like such a trick at all, and whatever I tried (like creation of devices manually in access db, or manager, or reading configs from PMU tester, or creating virtual concentrator), - no data for me. If one DAC is disabled in the PMU its all running like normal. May by I missed something, but is it possible to somehow configure such a PMUs.

thank you. 

Nov 22, 2010 at 3:15 PM

I'm a little confused - you can connect from connection tester but not from openPDC? You can provide a connection string, or the contents of the PmuConnection file (XML)?

The openPDC and PMU Connection tester use the exact same code - so something is not quite the same in the configuration.

Is this device able on the Internet for connection - could try remotely testing?

Any additional information would be useful so I can try to help.

Thanks!
Ritchie

Nov 23, 2010 at 8:11 AM
Edited Nov 23, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Thank for responce!,

I have just wrote long reply here, with file listings etc, and then moved on to see why even new version of the connection tester is crashing on splashscreen. And I found, - i'ts comma "," set as decimal point in regional settings instead of "." - stupid little peculiarity. All these multycultural treasures shall be banned for real life applications. whatever - set to the ".", the decamal improved parsing and now all my troubles solved, and OpenPDC sees PMU just fine, connection tester is not much worse.

Best regards.

K.