This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to interprete time stamp saved in measurements.xls?

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Hi,

I  have configured the openPDC to use CsvAdapters.CsvOutputAdapter for archiving measurements data stream (c37.118 format) that are sent from my PMU program. 

In the measurements.csv file saved by openPDC, the timestamp of the datastream is having a value 634272493498854000. I tried splitting this value and interpreting as unix timestamp (SOC & FRASEC). (that is how I send it from my PMU program). But I'm not able to figure out the correct interpretation.

Any suggestions on this would be of great help!

Thanks,

Daniel

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:42 PM

This is the timestamp value in "ticks", i.e., total 100-nanosecond intervals since 12:00:00 midnight, January 1, 0001 (see MSDN for details). You can easily turn this into a timestamp like this:

DateTime timestamp = new DateTime(634272493498854000);

Debug.WriteLine(timestamp.ToString("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.fff"));

Hope that helps!

Ritchie

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Thanks very much for the great help Ritchie!  Now I get the correct time. 

Could you please tell me the advantages of using " Ticks" timestamp?  Previously I got the wrong time was because I thought the timestamp number was in the format of sychrophasor standard.  

Thanks again for the help!

Daniel

Mar 19, 2012 at 5:17 AM

I had encounter a problem , we are inserting the PMU data in Sql data base, we are not able the identify the data packets . it is starting with time stamped with other values.

Kindly suggest 

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:15 PM

@fengzhiwu: The advantage is the high resolution for the timestamps used in the time-series framework that are compatible with .NET - these timestamps allow accuracy down to 100-nanosecond intervals.

@jaswinder: Not sure I understand your question, are you using the ADO adapters to store data in a database?