This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

PMU Connection Tester reads and displays data from PMU device but openPDC Manager cannot

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:35 AM

I have connected a PMU device to a desktop PC. PMU connection tester reads and displays the data sent by PMU device. I saved .pmuconnection file and .xml file from pmu connection tester program and used these files via configuration wizard in openPDC manager to add new  device. I was successful in adding the PMU device to openPDC Manager but for some reason openPDC Manager cannot display data from PMU. I don't know even if Manager is reading the data from PMU. 
Can you please advice me how to solve this problem?  The example SHELBY provided with the openPDC Manager displays data. I know that it is reading this data from a file.

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:32 AM

This problem is solved.

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Good to hear - what was the issue?

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:55 PM

I checked the input status and monitor button, it was green and I posted that the problem is solved. Now it is yellow again. openPDC Manager displays that all the data is zero. This is weird. Can you please tell me what are the reasons behind input status and monitor button changing between green and yellow on its own.

Apr 15, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Hi there

I'm with the same problem and I would like to know what you did for solve this problem?

Thanks

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2011 at 8:40 PM

What screen are your referring to with the yellow and green?

Thanks!
Ritchie

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Hi Ritchie
In the screen Input Status & Monitoring of the OpenPDCManager, the light wich show the state of PMUS changes color.
In my program, the data doesn't are showed continualy in the graph.

The program behaves as follows:
PDC_UFSC] Received configuration frame at 13/04/2011 18:03:41 -> The light turns green and the graph is showed.

[PDC_UFSC]No data received in 5,0 seconds, restarting connect cycle... -> The light turn off and the graph is stopped.
My problem is look like the problem of shravan61, becouse PMUConnectionTester reads and displays data from PMU device but openPDC Manager can't.

I create a new discussion yesterday (http://openpdc.codeplex.com/discussions/253770) about this error.

Thanks

Paulo André

Developer
Apr 18, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Can openPDC reconnect after it says "restarting connection cycle"? If so, then chart should start automatically.

Apr 18, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Hi There

I don't understand what happens. Because the configuration frame is received but the data, the program says are not received. In the PMUConnectionTester works perfectly.

About the processing of data, what is diference between this two programs? 
Thanks

Paulo André

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Is this resolved?

Ritchie

Apr 25, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Yes Ritchie

The problem was in the  PC's firewall. Although The OpenPDC and PMUConnectionTester were with the same configuration, the data not arrived for the OpenPDC. So I disabled it the Firewall completely, and all works perfectly. Vide: http://openpdc.codeplex.com/discussions/253770#post599401

Thank's for all.

Paulo André