This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

the web based historian

Mar 24, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Good day, My name is Samuel Sanchez and I work at the Colombian ISO with Ramon Leon’s group implementing the WAMS system using OpenPDC.

I recently installed the new version of the OpenPDC in our company PDC server. Thanks for that, you are doing an excellent job.

I believe we have an issue regarding the web based historian:

When I make a consult using the in-process historian adapter for obtaining time series data for 14 tags for 5 minutes, the time it takes is longer than one minute. It also displays an error in the web page.

The error is:

Explanation: The request timed out before the page could be retrieved.

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Code 64: Host not available

Background: The gateway or proxy server lost connection to the Web server.

Date: 3/24/2011 4:33:03 PM [GMT]

Server: COMEDISAM017.grupo-isa.com

Source: Remote server

This error did not happen with the previous version.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Can you provide a copy of the URL you are using to access the web based historian?

Also, during setup of the new version did you select Local Historian as the default historian?

Thanks!

Mar 24, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Hello Richi!

The URL: http://172.16.1.250:6152/historian/timeseriesdata/read/historic/196-210/ 3- 24- 11 1: 39: 0/ 3- 24- 11 1: 45: 0/xml.

During Setup of the new version I select Local Historian as the default historian, but after the setup, I changed the location of the file. 

When I make a consult  for 1 minute,  It displays a correct data. But If I make the consult for 5 minutes it display an error.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2011 at 1:46 PM

I have investigated this and it looks like the default timeout for the service is one minute - so if your query takes longer than this, the services reports a timeout.

I am going add this an option in the config file for the next release so the timeout can be adjustable.

If you want, you can verify this by enabling WCF tracing diagnostics:

<system.diagnostics>
    <trace autoflush="true" />
    <sources>
            <source name="System.ServiceModel"
                    switchValue="Information, ActivityTracing"
                    propagateActivity="true">
            <listeners>
               <add name="sdt"
                   type="System.Diagnostics.XmlWriterTraceListener"
                   initializeData= "SdrConfigExample.e2e" />
            </listeners>
         </source>
    </sources>
</system.diagnostics>

Then use the Service Trace Viewer to view the log file.

Thanks!
Ritchie

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2011 at 2:26 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.