This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How openPDC manage PMUs that are out of sync?

Mar 30, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Hi,

I've read some of the code and noticed that measurements with bad timestamps are sent via DiscardingMeasurements event on ConcentratorBase class.
But where in the code the discarded measurements are used?
Is there a trigger to some kind of "PMU out of sync" alarm?

Thanks in advance!

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2011 at 12:13 PM

You can use the Data Quality Monitoring Adapters to monitor and alarm for time errors.

This uses a web service that allows integration with existing alarm systems.

Ritchie

Mar 30, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Hi Ritchie,

Thanks for your reply.

Hugo.

Developer
Apr 18, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Hi Ritchie,

How can we go about forwarding/querying the results of various Data Quality Monitoring Adapters to/from an output adapter say the Csv or mysql output adapter?

I am also interested in doing this for custom calculated measurements. Do I have to add them to the output stream or?

Best

Moustafa

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Hi Moustafa - I'm a little confused by your question.

Are you wanting the values that are being produced in the web service to flow through the system as measurements?

Calculated measurements already flow through the system ny design...

Thanks!
Ritchie

Developer
Apr 27, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Hi Ritchie,

Thank you for the reply,

What I would like to do is archive the result for the Data Quality Monitoring Adapter to a Database (MySQL for example), but honestly I am finding it hard to map the output of the Data Quality adapters to the Input of the MySQL Output Adapter. Actually I am finding hard to understand how the data is mapped in general when it comes to the Action and Output Adapters.

I would also be interested in configuring an output stream that continuously send the results of the Data Quality Adapter to a certain UDP port which can be picked up by an application. 

I understand there are other ways to do that, through the Publish/subscribe API, or even through the Data Quality Services that are bundled with the Data Quality Adapter, but to me it is an exercise to get a better understanding and explore the possibilities in using the IAON system.  I guess the principle would be the same when using custom action and calculation adapters.

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Moustafa

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2011 at 8:02 PM

@Hugo's original thread: the system should no longer discard calculated measurements with the SP1 release since the measurements will only be routed where they are needed.

@Moustafa last note: we can certainly look at allowing the data quality adapters to stream data, right now they work via web services and/or e-mail notifications. The long-term vision was to be able to eventually hook into SNMP for integration with other alarming and monitoring systems. Another option might be just to have the system define new measurements for the quality results and simply stream these through the system as new measurements and/or statistics.

Thanks,
Ritchie