This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Failed to perform Configuration changes

May 12, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Hi,

I'm facing the problem for connecting the devices to the PDC service. After installing the input devices using device>>add new wizard>> it says that application has been disconnected from the PDC service.

I am using a PMU datacapture file for the input to the OpenPDC software. I formed the connection file and configuration file using PMU Connection Tester and load these files in the input device wizard. I am able to see the phasor parameters and PMU's name, but can't access the data. At the top of the window, light is also red. hence i am not able to see the data on real time basis

Please help. Thanks.

Aseem Rambani

Developer
May 12, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Aseem,

Red light on top of the window means that openPDC Manager is not able to make connection to openPDC service.

Please go to Manage --> Node screen on openPDC Manager and modify Remote Status Service URL as explained below.

http://openpdc.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Manager%20Configuration#x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_find_remote_status_url

Finding the Remote Status Service URL

The Remote Status Service URL can be found in the openPDC Console configuration file named openPDCConsole.exe.config. The value is found in the following location.

<configuration>
    <catgorizedSettings>
        <remotingClient>
            <add name="ConnectionString" value="[Remote Status Service URL]" />
        </remotingClient>
    </catgorizedSettings>
</configuration>

Note: The value will not look like a URL. Be sure to use the entire ConnectionString value within the quotes.

Hope this helps!

Mehul Thakkar

May 12, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Thanks a lot.. It works !!