This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

HistorianAdapters.LocalOutputAdapter, save data to a different location?

May 17, 2011 at 5:55 PM

I'm trying to save archive data to a location other than the default InstallDirectory\Archive directory. I've setup my Historian with the following connection string:

instancename=PPA; archivepath=Y:\; refreshmetadata=true

Yet it continues to only save to the default directory, any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

May 18, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Hi Dgregan,

In the openPDC root directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\openPDC) you will find a very useful tool called "ConfigurationEditor.exe" run that tool. assuming your Historian is called PPA you can expand name of attributes that start with ppa e.g.  ppaArchiveFile. If you expand ppaArchiveFile, you will see a sub attribute called "FileName" which specifies the path and file name of the PPA historian archive file. Note the Historian files include other files such as Metadatafile and the Intercom file, it would be a good idea if you have all these files in the same directory, so if you wanted to change the default location modify the path specified in "FileName" for the following attributes in the ConfigrutionEditor utility:

(again assuming you historian is name PPA)

ppaArchiveFile

ppaMetadataFile

ppaIntercomfile

try it out, nice utility that ConfigurationEditor, simplifies a lot of the configurations in openPDC, many thanks to the openPDC team for providing it.

good luck

Moustafa

May 18, 2011 at 1:04 PM

P.S if you using the Configuration Editor to do the changes, you probably should remove that connection string you described, from the openPDC manager. 

May 18, 2011 at 5:58 PM

This did the trick, thanks for your help.