This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Custom input adapter measurements not seen in data publisher

Jun 10, 2011 at 3:39 PM

I have created a custom input adapter which will use the PI SDK to connect to a PI server and inject PI points as new measurements into OpenPDC. I extended the base input adapter class like I saw in the documentation for custom adapters, and I also added a table to the openpdc configuration database to map measurements to PI tag names. My adapter seems to mostly be working and raises the OnNewMeasurements method with measurement objects at my defined rate. For example, I have a historian of type HistorianAdapters.LocalOutputAdapter, and I can view my PI measurements by going to http://localhost:6152/historian/timeseriesdata/read/current/[PI MEAS ID]/xml. The problem is that when I attempt to receive this measurement via the DataSubscriber's SynchronizedSubscribe method, I get a connection but the NewMeasurements event is never raised. I am able to receive any PMU data through the same mechanism. My assumption was that the new measurements I'm creating through PI would pass through the system since the DataPublisher doesn't have InputMeasurementKeys defined, causing it to be added to the broadcast routes. Is there some step I am missing to create new measurements in the OpenPDC?

Thanks,
Ryan

Jun 10, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Edited Jun 10, 2011 at 7:35 PM

In case someone else runs into this issue, my measurements were being discarded after they had left the adapter. I'm not entirely sure why, but changing the signal type to "Analog Value" seemed to clear up the issue.