This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Blank Input status and Monitoring screen

Aug 1, 2011 at 7:57 PM

I have a single PDC with 41 PMUs as input to the OpenPDC.

I created an output and am able to ferify data is flowing through the OpenPC as the PMU Connection Tester is showing data.

However, the home page graph and the Input Status and Monitoring graph do not populate.

In the past it is been related to the quality of the clock on the server, and there is a second or two drift in the clock.  I even set the system settings to use PDC clock and ignor time errors.

What else can casue these screens to not display data that is flowing?

Thanks

Scott

Developer
Aug 1, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Scott,

Try by increasing lead time to 4 or 5 seconds from Manage --> System Settings screen under "Input Status & Monitoring Settings" section.

Mehul Thakkar

Aug 1, 2011 at 9:25 PM
I changed it to 10 seconds for both lead and lag time and it did not make a difference

Reply-To: "[email removed]<mailto:[email removed]>" <[email removed]<mailto:[email removed]>>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 17:08:22 -0400
To: Scott Stapels <[email removed]<mailto:[email removed]>>
Subject: Re: Blank Input status and Monitoring screen [openpdc:267344]

Scott,

Try by increasing lead time to 4 or 5 seconds from Manage --> System Settings screen under "Input Status & Monitoring Settings" section.

Mehul Thakkar

Read the full discussion online<http://openpdc.codeplex.com/discussions/267344#post650766>.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed]<mailto:[email removed]?subject=[openpdc:267344]>)

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]<mailto:[email removed]>

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe<https://openpdc.codeplex.com/discussions/267344/unsubscribe/> on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Developer
Aug 1, 2011 at 9:52 PM
Edited Aug 1, 2011 at 9:52 PM

I had a similar experience.  It was resolved by verifying all of my Time Zone settings were consistent.

Arnold

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Thanks Ajstadlin.

Are you talking about on the devices? Currently time zone is null for all my devices. When I put a time zone in for the PDC I get no data processing via the 37.118 output and get errors on the consol “There are 22 seconds of unpublished data in the action adapter concentration queue. [8/1/2011 6:09:01 PM]”

Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 5:53 PM
To: Scott Stapels
Subject: Re: Blank Input status and Monitoring screen [openpdc:267344]

I had a similar experience. It was resolved by verifying all of my Time Zone settings were consistent.

Developer
Aug 1, 2011 at 11:15 PM

It has been a few months since I had the issue.  I only remember that I resolved it by "fixing" my time zones.  This included Devices and other openPDC settings as well as Windows operating system Time Zones and the hardware PMU's configuration.  At the time, I was focused on other development tasks, so I didn't take any detailed notes or try to isolate which Time Zone setting(s) caused the issue.  I seem to remember that I had some software settings for UTC, some for my local EDT, and others were just whatever they were by default.  The result was the main screen chart would not display data.  The setup that I worked out is documented in Part 1 and Part 2 on URL:  http://gtospmu.codeplex.com/documentation.  Part 1 specifies a task to set the Time Zone in the Device configuration, so this is at least one place where I experienced the problem - or else I would not have added that task detail to the procedure.  At the time, I considered the problem to be my own configuration issue and did not consider it a bug in openPDC.  I did not post it in the issue tracking system.  I'll watch this thread to learn if anyone else has this issue and determine the best settings to resolve it.

Arnold

Aug 2, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Thanks everyone for the help.  My problem turned out to be related to a bad entry in the openPDC.exe.config datapublisher section.  The configuration string was "port=6165;interface 0.0.0.0" and should nto have included the interface.  When I removed the interface the graphs on openPDC started functioning properly

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2011 at 4:27 PM

I wish there was a way to make the IPv6 vs IPv4 issues a little less confusing - but I suspect it's an issue that *all* applications are going to have handle at somepoint when apps begin supporting IPv6.

The interface setting's primary purpose is to allow users to specify which NIC card they want to use - for example, you could use one NIC card for incoming traffic and another for outgoing traffic just by specifying the desired IP in the interface setting.

Because the interface setting must use a formatted IP address - that is, an IPv4 address (e.g., 192.168.1.100) or an IPv6 formatted address (e.g., fe80::a498:2d52:e201:d19f%10), this is also used to determine the desired IP version 4 or 6 stack to use simply based on the format of the tag.

When you specify "interface=0.0.0.0" you are basically saying "use the default NIC card over IPv4", when you specify "interface=::0", you are saying "use the default NIC card over IPv6".

If no interface is specified - which is the typical case - the system will use the default IP stack. On XP and older operating systems this is IPv4, on Windows 7 and newer operating systems this is IPv6.

Thanks!
Ritchie