This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Communication Log

Aug 16, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I need to develop a device communication log for openPDC.

This log should contain info like the timestamp of when the current communication session was established/terminated.

A copy of the frames that were transmitted during the communication session. And other things...

Where would be the best place to implement it?

I was thinking of TVA.PhasorProtocols.PhasorMeasurementMapper.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 17, 2011 at 3:57 PM

If it is a log for phasor devices only, then this this would certainly be the source of the data.

However, my suggestion would be that you build an adapter, perhaps inherited from FacileActionAdapterBase that doesn't need to process any menasurements, that would handle the logging since any adapter can access other adapters (via parent collections). Your adpater would then filter the input adapter collection to the phasor devices (i.e., each input adapter that is of type 'PhasorMeasurementMapper') and query the needed phasor measurement mapper properties. It might be necessary to add a few properties to phasor measurement mapper to complete your task.

Look at the TVA.PhasorProtocols.CommonPhasorServices statistics handler that accesses the PhasorMeasurementMapper's in much the same way... 

Thanks!
Ritchie

Aug 18, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Hi Ritchie,
 I'll check how it is done in TVA.PhasorProtocols.CommonPhasorServices and consider building an adapter.

Thanks!
Hugo.