This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Timezone adjustment

Nov 29, 2011 at 12:48 PM

Is it possible to adjust the timezone for all streams coming in (or leaving) the OpenPDC?  For example, if the PMU timezone is set for local time but need to be forwarded from the PDC in UTC time, can the timezone adjustment be made in the PDC rather than the individual PMU's?

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Yes, on incoming streams timezone adjustments are associated with a connection, not per device. So in the case of a PDC, changing the timezone on the PDC device definition (i.e., selecting the proper timezone on the dropdown on the PDC device screen) will cause the openPDC to interpret the times based on the selected timezone.

On outgoing streams leaving the openPDC, frames are currently only setup to publish in UTC - however, adding this feature would be fairly trival if desired.

Thanks!
Ritchie

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Thanks for the information, it is very helpful. Is it safe to assume that since the timezone is set via a drop down box that it must be manually changed to adjust for DST? If so, is it a significant effort to develop code to automatically adjust for DST?

********************************************************************************
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to National Grid and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please reply to this message and let the sender know.

Jun 6, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Do we have an answer for the drop down box DST question?

For me when comparing Northern / Southern hemisphere locations in the same timezone it seems to account for DST.

I'd like to know either way as one of our GPS receivers places a constant UTC+10 offset on the received time and so we wouldn't want to adjust for DST.

Also, if DST is automatically catered for, are the rules for this built into the source code (and so changes to the rules would need a new build of openPDC)?