This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Problem: Configurate "Manage Output Streams" SP2

Jan 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Hello,

I am having trouble creating a new output stream. When I am going to add a new device with the device wizard it doesn't appear any of the devices that I have configured.

How can I addition new device from the exiting devices list?

Thanks

Itan

Developer
Jan 6, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Hi Itan,

Do you have multiple nodes defined in the system? If so, then please make sure that input devices are added to the same node as of output stream you are trying to configure.

Please let us know if this solves your problem or not.

Thanks,
Mehul Thakkar

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Hi Mehul!

No, I have only a node defined in the system. And all my input devices are defined in that node. Is strange, because I have the same configuration that I had in the OpenPDC SP1 and there I didn't have that problem. It Could be a  OpenPDC SP2 problem?

Thanks

Itan

Developer
Jan 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM

The steps to adding a device to an output stream is slightly different in SP2.

1) First, verify that the device you wish to use exists on the Device List (accessible from Devices -> Browse)

2) Then, go to the list of output streams (Adaptors -> Output Streams)

3) Based on your initial post, I take it that you have already created an output stream, and wish to add devices to it. If this is the case, click the 'Devices' link that's on the same row as your output stream

4) This screen will allow you to manage settings for the specific devices in your output stream. To add more devices, we'll click the 'Device Wizard' link in the top right corner

5) On this page, there is a simple list of every device that is associated with this output stream. To add a device to this list, click the 'Add More Devices' button in the bottom right

6) This is a list of all the devices that you do not have associated with this output stream. To select a specific device, click the checkbok to the left of the acronym. To select all devices in the list, click the top checkbox in the header of the list. If you wish to add the analogs or digitals, select the appropriate checkboxes below the list.

7) After selecting the devices you'd like added to the output stream, click the "Add Selected".

8) Your devices should now added! To return to where we started, press back once to go to the device management screen, then back again to return to the Output Stream list.

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Hi!

I have the same issue! I have 14 PMUs configurated in the OpenPDC, but when access the "DEVICE WIZARD" in the window: "Output streams" I can't see not device for add.

Can you help me?

Developer
Jan 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM

When you open the devices wizard, the first screen that you see is a list of devices that are currently associated with the output stream.

In the bottom right corner of this screen, there is an "Add More Devices" button. When you click that, a list of all the devices will appear.

Are the devices you're wishing to add in this list?

Jan 20, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Hi arkrohne

I did the same operations as you did, but when I access the buttom "Add More Devices" is not showed the list with the devices. This list is blank.

Thanks

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Hi arkrohne,

I did the same procedure that you say, but and I still have the same problem. The list "Add More Devices" is blank. 

Thanks

Developer
Jan 23, 2012 at 3:49 PM

We're not able to reproduce this error with OpenPDC SP2 on SQL Server. What database are you using? Also, can you confirm the version number is 1.4.210? And was this install an upgrade from SP1?

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Hi

I did instal of the OpenPDC/SP2 - Version 1.4.210.0, is not a upgrade. The data base is the "Access"

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Hi arkrohne,

I am working with OpenPDC-SP2 - Version 1.4.208.0, Data base: Access, 32 bit and it isn't a upgrade from SP1.

Regards

Itan

Developer
Jan 23, 2012 at 5:51 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Developer
Jan 23, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is a bug with openPDC 1.4 SP2 when an Access database is used; a issue report has been added to our tasks list. 

A workaround for this would be to use a SQLite (or other) database. 

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Hi,

I already download change set #74326 (openpdc-74326.zip). How to update these changes in the OpenPDC? Do I have to reinstall the program? 

Thanks

Itan

Developer
Jan 31, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Hi Itan,

If you are using Visual Studio 2010 then just compile source code in release mode and grab openPDC.UI.dll (you can find it at [Your Porjects Location]\openPDC\Synchrophasor\Current Version\Build\Output\Release\Libraries folder) and replace it in the installation folder.

Thanks,

Mehul

Developer
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I have also uploaded a patch for MS Access under SP2 download. Please click on download tab and scroll down to view it or download it. It is called "MS Access Patch for Output Stream Wizard".

Thank you,
Mehul Thakkar

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Hi,

Thank to the patch "MS Access Patch for Output Stream Wizard" we could solve the problem with the list "Add More Devices". The local connection using a created Output Stream has been achieved. However, that's not the case with the remote connection. 

The same tests has been carried out with OpenPDC SP1 and both, local and remote connections have been successful.

Having this in mind, I would appreciate to receive support regarding this problem with the SP2.

Thanks

Itan

SO: Windows 7/ 32 bits

DataBase: Access

Version: 1.4.210.0

Patch: MS Access Patch for Output Stream Wizard