This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Custom Adapter

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I've just downloaded and installed the new version of Open PDC 1.4 SP2 and trying to configure what used to be a Custom Action Adapter. I can't seem to find the Custom Adapters anymore and, even though I go into the Action Adapters, I can't find the location where to enter the DLL name for my library. It used to go under Type and Type Name. Now, in this version, there's only a list of items that can be selected. I have copied my DLL in the main Open PDC directory yet my library does not show up.

I have searched the Documentation, Release Notes and Discussion List and can't seem to find anything.

Anybody has faced this situation or knows how to solve this issue?
Thanks,

Stéphan 

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Make sure you pick the right directory to search for your custom action adapter as "Search Directory". There was one user reported this error where he did not implement "SupportsTemporalProcessing" boolean property defined in the AdapterBase. Visual Studio did not throw any error during build process. He did find error in the errorlog.txt about it. After making this change in his custom action adapter, it did show up in the type list. Hope this helps.

Btw, UI code looks for implementations of IActionAdapter in the location provided by the search directory field on the screen.

Thanks,
Mehul Thakkar

Feb 2, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

Your comments are pointing in the right direction.  I realize that I had not recompiled my library with the new References (TimeSeriesFamework, ,...). When I try to do that, I get Visual C# returning a "does not implement inherited abstract member  'TimeSeriesFramework.Adapters.ActionAdapterBase.SupportsTemporalProcessing.get'.

That is beyond my programming knowledge and I tend to think this is not the right place to be asking.

Thanks for your help.

Stéphan